Founded by brothers William and Ernest, Bohnet Electric Company opened for business on June 1, 1906. The company was then incorporated in 1913. The photo below to the right is the first location at 115 E. Allegan Street, in downtown Lansing (pictured below left is Ernest Bohnet and an employee). The Photo below right is the interior of that same store. Both gas and electric light fixtures were sold at that time.